My client based in Rosslyn, Pretoria is looking for a Tender Specialist to join their team
• To provide market intelligence in respect of the tender business and recommend future strategies and sales plans. • To identify new business opportunities within Government Departments; nationally, provincially and local municipalities as well as the various parastatals.
• To obtain the advertised tender document and spec the vehicles according to the required applications and quantities prescribed. • To ensure that the company can comply with all terms and conditions of the tender requirements. • To submit tender within the prescribed period. • To manage the sales process to ensure on time delivery. • Inform all relevant parties within the supply chain, i.e bodybuilders and dealers, regarding the preparation and delivery of vehicles. • Categorise customers accurately to ensure correct level of pricing. • To ensure all outstanding payments are made timeously, local suppliers and dealers. • To identify and actively drive potential sales opportunities. • Updating Government officials (Fleet Managers) regarding new technology and modified specifications within our model range.
• To align quotes to business plan parameters. • Compilation of costing sheets to the Finance Department for accruals and approvals.
• Good understanding of the trucking industry; • Understanding of Government Procurement policies • Accurate understanding of specified applications; • Good understanding of sales environment; • Technical and product knowledge
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Job Related Skills:
• Good communication Skills; (verbal & written) • Time Management Skills • Attention to Detail • Ability to work independently and perform effectively under pressure • Display flexibility, innovation and action orientation
• 4 yrs experience in commercial vehicle industry (essential); • Experience in dealing with government departments • Experience in interpreting the requirements of Tender documents and related administration
To apply for this position please send your cv to email@example.com or contact Marina on 086 111 2728